Higher National Diploma in Electronic Technology
NVQ Level 5 & 6
This qualification is for persons working or planning to work in the field of Electronic Technology sector. Persons with this qualification should have sound practical and theoretical knowledge and competencies to perform work at supervisory and managerial level with a career path from middle managers to higher managers in the Electronic Technology sector and eventually lead them for obtaining degree level qualifications (NVQ 7).
This program will provide theoretical and practical knowledge on the most important aspects of electronics such as Industrial Electronic/Electrical Instrumentation, Communication Systems, Networking, Industrial Automation, Power Control Systems, Microprocessor, PLC and Microcontroller Based Systems, Digital & Analog Broadcasting and Control Systems. The approach is both multi-disciplinary and industry oriented.
Students from the NVQ system and G.C.E Advanced Level streams will be eligible to gain entry to the NVQ level 06 Electronic Technology Course.
Thus, there will be two categories of entry requirement:
1. Candidates who possess NVQ level 4 in the field of Electronics (Such as E40S001 – Certificate of Electrician, D32S001 – Radio/TV and Allied Equipment Repairer and D32S002 – Industrial Electronics Craftsman etc.)
2. Candidates who have passed G.C.E (A/L) in general education system (In the field of Science (Maths) Stream or Engineering Technology Stream)
These students possess theoretical exposure of two and half years study at the University College of Anuradhapura and they are expected to undergo on the job training of one year in the industry as a part requirement of their study course. Two periods of On the Job Training six months each, usually at end of first two semesters and end of last two semesters of NVQ 6 is arranged by the University College of Anuradhapura in liaison with the industry and the National Apprentice and Industrial Training Authority (NAITA).
Skills and knowledge of our diploma holders
Ensure resources for the system installation and Supervise system operation
• Perform system installation and Test & Commission system installation
• Carryout system operation and Ensure the smooth functioning of the system
• Maintain electronic system and Manage tools, equipment and materials
• Ensure occupation health and safety procedures
• Manage electronic waste
• Manage workforce in electronic industry
• Manage Workplace Information & Communication
• Plan Work to be Performed in the Workplace
• Solve Problems & Make Decisions
• Provide Leadership and Facilitate Work Teams
• Facilitate establishment and maintenance of learning culture at workplace